- Ready to use injectable solution is highly effective and well tolerated, chemotherapeutic agent for the treatment of Babesiosis, Theileriosis, Trypanosomiasis, Pyrexia of unknown origin and Mixed infections of blood protozoan parasites.
Mode of Action:
- Antiparasitic activity of diamidines may be related to interference with aerobic glycolysis as well as interference with synthesis of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) in the parasite.
- Bovizene after i.m. injection of radiolabeled diminazene at 3.5 mg/kg intramuscularly. Peak blood concentrations of 4.6 and 4.7 ug/mλ occurred after 15 and 40 min and the decrease in concentration followed a biphasic process with half-lives of 2 h and 188 h.
Each ml contains
Diminazene Diaceturate70 mg
Phenazone B P 375 mg
- Babesiosis caused by B. bovis, B. bigemina, B. ovis, B. motasi, B. canis, B. equi
- Trypanosomiasis – caused by T. congolense, T. vivax, T. brucei, many investigators have reported successful results with the use of Diminazene Diaceturate injectable solution also in T. evansi.
- Theileriosis – caused by T. annulata. BOVIZENE TM injectable solution in combination with suitable antibiotic is very effective.
- Mixed infection of two or more of the above mentioned protozoan parasites and Pyrexia of unknown origin (PUO).
- Cattle, Buffalo, Sheep, Goat and Camel
- BOVIZENE TM injectable solution is convenient and easy to use.
- BOVIZENE TM injectable solution is efficacious and ideally suited for commonly noticed mixed infections of the haemo protozoan parasites.
- BOVIZENE TM injectable solution is well tolerated locally as well as systemically by young, feeble and chronically infected animals.
- BOVIZENE TM injectable solution is effective against protozoal strains resistant to other drugs.
- Experiments in the laboratory and in the field have shown that Diminazene Diaceturate injectable solution does not produce drug resistant strains.
- BOVIZENE TM protects exposed and susceptible cattle against Babesiosis and Trypanosomiasis for two to three weeks.
- BOVIZENE TM can be used as short term control in out breaks with high morbidity rate.
- Treatment of all affected and exposed cattle or animals will bring about rapid but temporary relief.
- BOVIZENE TM can be used for protection of newly purchased animals, their transportation from endemic areas and especially the pregnant animals, which needs temporary protection as Trypanosomiasis invariably causes abortion in pregnant animals.
Action on resistance Trypanozomes
- BOVIZENE TM is accepted to overcome Quinapyramine resistance. Quinapyramine is slowly eliminated (metabolized and excreted) from the body over the months period. Slow elimination of the drug leads to the development of resistance with Quinapyramine, if the treatment is repeated frequently.
- Do not give by intravenous or subcutaneous routes.
Dosage and Administration:
- BOVIZENE TM injectable solution should be administered preferably by deep intramuscular route at the side of neck. Subcutaneous injection is also effective.
- The recommended dose of BOVIZENE TM injectable solution in Babesiosis and Trypanosomiasis: 5 10 ml/100 kg body weight.
- Milk – 7 days
- Meat – 28 days
- Store below 25⁰
- Protect from light.