- It is a ready to use solution for intramuscular injection, containing Buparvaquone, a second generation hydroxynapthaquinone, which acts by the inhibition of mitochondrial electron transport system of protozoa.
Mode of Action:
- It active against the schizont and piroplasm stages of Theileria spp.
- It inhibits mitochondrial electron transport system of protozoa which affect on the energy generation of protozoa and causes death of organism.
- An effect on energy generation, progressive vacuolation of the cytoplasm as the principal lesion. The surface membrane and the nuclear membrane remain apparently unaffected until the cytoplasmic disruption is very advanced. There is no apparent adverse effect on the structure of host lymphocytes, including mitochondria, which emphasizes the parasite-specificity of the mode of action of buparvaquone.
- Intra muscular injection bioavailability is approximately 3% mg/L after 3 hours and 17 minutes. Volume of distribution occur slowly and elimination half life approximately 26 hours and 44 minutes.
Each ml contains:
Buparvaquone … 50 mg
Sorbitan mono oleate IP ………. 100 mg
- It is indicated for the treatment of Theileriosis like East coast fever, Corridor disease, tropical Theileriosis etc in cattle caused by, Theileria annulata, T. parva (bovis), T. parva (lawrence), T. mutans and T. orientalis (sergent).
- Cattle, Buffalo, Sheep, Goat and Camel
- It is active against the schizont and piroplasm stages of theileria species and can be used in the incubation period of the disease or when clinical signs are apparent.
- Treatment should be given to clinically affected animals and sub-clinical or in-contact animals.
- Do not give by intravenous or subcutaneous routes.
- Localised, painless oedematous swelling may occasionally be seen at the injection site.
Dosage and Administration:
- 5 mg per kg body weight or 1 ml per 20 kg body weight or as directed by the Veterinarian. In severe cases the dose may be repeated within 48-72 hours after the initial injection.
- Milk – 48 hrs
- Meat – 42 Days.
- Store below 25⁰
- Protect from light.
2 ml and 30 ml