Description: Bovicillin contains Amoxycillin and Dicloxacillin. Amoxycillin is bacteriolytic, β lactam antibiotic used to treat a number of bacterial infections including repiratory and urinary tract infections. Dicloxacillin is used to treat infections caused by susceptible gram positive bacteria and is indicated in mastitis, reproductive tract infections, pneumonia, septicaemia and surgical prophylaxis. It is active against beta-lactamase producing organisms.
Mode of Action:
- It acts by inhibiting the synthesis of bacterial cell walls.
- It inhibits cross-linkage between the linear peptidoglycan polymer chains that make up a major component of the bacterial cell walls.
The intramuscular administration of amoxicillin results in complete and reliable absorption with peak drug levels, AUCs, and urinary recovery equivalent to oral dosage. The absorption of lyophilized amoxicillin after intramuscular injection resulted in an AUC that was 92% of intravenous absorption and urinary recovery of 91%.
Each 3g vial contains:
Each 4g vial contains:
|Amoxycillin : 1500mg||Amoxycillin: 2000mg|
|Dicloxacillin: 1500 mg||Dicloxacillin: 2000mg|
- Respiratory tract and urinary tract infections
- Gastrointestinal tract and reproductive tract infections
- Post surgical-treatment
Target Species: Cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, pig, horse and camel
- Effective against both gram +ve and gram ve bacteria
- Active against beta-lactamase producing bacteria
- Effective against respiratory, gastrointestinal, urinary and reproductive tract infections
- Finer particles for easy drug dissolution and convenience of administration
Contra-indications: Do not use in Hypersensitivity to any penicillins.
Dosage and Route:
As directed by the Veterinarian.
The recommended dosage rate is 4-10 mg/kg body weight by IM/IV route.
- Milk: 60 hrs.
- Meat: 12 days
- Store at room temperature
- Protect from light.
3 gm and 4 gm